Sunday, March 19, 2006

Get Movin'!



Now the excitement of this move has begun to wear down. Now is the time that we have to do the things that are not so fun. We've signed our new lease. We've filled out all of the necessary paperwork. We've even had the apartment manager inspect our apartment before the packing so that she could get an idea of how we live (clean or messy?). Lucky for us, Tim had worked really hard cleaning and straightening our apartment just the day before. But of course that doesn't last. The signing of the lease was last week and already the place looks messy again. The thing is, we just haven't got room for all of this stuff! This move to a larger apartment is long overdue for us.
So we've started packing. First tracking down some large boxes, then figuring out where to begin! It's totally overwhelming when you just stand in the middle of this miniture living room because it litterally feels like the walls might cave in on you at any time! And I think, It doesn't matter where I begin - packing is going to be a long process of getting things organized enough to fit in the boxes and to clean the deep crevices that we generally don't notice anyway. Well, I decide, I'm just going to have to close my eyes, spin, and point. There is no fun way to do this. Aha! Books! I'll start with the books!

Once all of the books have been somewhat neatly piled into their boxes, I wipe the sweat off my brow and move on. It's been two days now. Just for packing alone. Now it is time for the cleaning. The deep, grimey, just gross places that we just don't normally think to clean. This list we've got from the apartment manager is long and the work will be tedious. She has even specified the kind of cleanser that she wants us to use! Now that just seems silly to me. Do I really have to go out and buy a ton of this cleanser when I've already got tons of other cleansers? We've got enough to worry about, don't we?

I don't mind cleaning if it only involves straightening things up. But this deep cleaning stuff is not my forté. I like to organize things, not scrub and scrub things! Oh well. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. So I will do. I will clean today keeping in mind that right now our new apartment is also being cleaned and in this way I can feel like I might still reap the benefits of my own cleaning labors. I'm just gonna focus on all of the good things that will come in just about a week! Putting it that way does reignite the excitement in me for this new place that we will home. Home sweet home. (Sigh)

2 comments:

Little Green Olive said...

Ah, Jess.....If only I were closer I would come and assit in the deep cleansing process that you so dread. Rememebr last time, organizing the canned goods and sharing your joy over the toilet paper storage tower? Those were the good ol' days.

: )

Unknown said...

I hate cleaning too! Boy are we in trouble! I don't know how our place ever gets as clean as it generally is. Maybe monster IS contributing to the family... at night... with the help of a hundred little elves and emus. Maybe...