Still, it is not quite spring.
Yet here, tucked in a corner
is life again.
The sun is rising in the distance,
showering down its rays of warmth.
It is finally penetrating the ground again,
touching beauty, revealing hidden glory.
Slowly life emerges from its darker places.
Suddenly it is there to greet us,
to remind us that it has not all gone.
Instead it has been renewed and refined.
It begins so sweetly, with such purity.
A mere branch takes it on,
the dawn of renewed fruit,
taking the place to which it has been ordained.
And then it begins.
The branch births limbs,
the limbs sproud seeds,
the seeds display the bud.
Behold the flower,
so artfully created
with such accuracy and precision,
the blossom of the beginning of spring.
-Jessica Rose
02-05-06


4 comments:
Oh my goodness!
This has got to be the best poem I've ever read of yours! I wanted to comment on a line or stanza that I liked best... but I simply can't because I was equally impressed by the whole thing! You have got to keep writing. You are Growing into a more and more talented creator with every venture you endeavor! Honestly, I was waiting to scroll down to the end and see what "famous author" you were quoting. GOOD JOB!
wow your hubby is gushing!!! cool!
great visuals here and picture to match!
Wonderful poem and picture. Love your writing style - will keep your blog on my list of favorites. :)
I think your Grandpa would be very pleased that you were inspired by his picture to write such a loving tribute to him. We should all be so lucky to have a pen pal like that!
Post a Comment