Tuesday, February 14, 2006

In Your Eyes




Looking at these pictures gets me all choked up. Its in a good way. It's like I'm thinking, "how did I get so lucky, so blessed to have you in my life forever?" It's in your eyes. It's in the way that you look at me. So often I am too busy looking out rather than in, at you, where I am home. Today, Valentine's Day, I write this to you, my love, because today I want to look at you the way that you look at me.


In Your Eyes


There's a giggle. And I'm looking all around.

There is silence. And your face is soft.

I am restless. You are urging me to be calm.

You have this peace. I don't understand it.


And we dance, together, in ways we've always dreamed.

We circle around without ever knowing.

The music is silence, yet sound is all around us.

There's no time to stop because we've got to live on.


But I am falling. I am losing my grip.

Suddenly the dance isn't so fun.

I can no longer hear any sound.

Life is still moving and I cannot.


It's your hand you give to me.

Your arms are so strong to pull me back up.

I'm looking around in my shame and disgust.

No one else noticed. Your eyes were still on me.


I find in your eyes the wisdom of old

and the depth of a love that never could age.

Finally I see where you have always been.

You're in front of me and I've found my home again.


Jessica Rose

02-14-06


I love you, Timothy.

1 comment:

marz said...

you guys have such a sweet love...