
This one is for you, #23. I'm so impressed with the man you've become. You make me proud to be a part of your life, as your sister. I just want you to know that. I love you!
Hockey on Dry Ice
Smell the stench.
Feel the exhilaration.
Games have been played.
Teams battled to win.
The clock is set
Blood begins to rush.
Warm up now.
Challenge your goalie.
Time's up.
Teams gather.
No coaches.
Just play.
And the whistle blows.
The puck is tossed.
Each player knows their role.
Get it, pass it, shoot it.
Work together.
The puck is slapped.
The goalie is alert.
No miss, yet no shot.
Time out.
Recover.
Deep-breath.
Try again.
Fly down the rink.
The puck is here.
Now is your time.
Shoot for the goal.
It's in!
It's good!
There's cheering.
You did it.
And we're proud.
It's not the game.
It's the fight to win.
You never gave up.

1 comment:
Nice job! I bet PJ will love it. Ya know, I have a hockey poem of my own... Wrote a song about, like to hear it? Here it goes:
Ice is great, Ice is nice.
I slipped once, I fell twice.
Man chasing me with a stick.
He's scary and hairy.
And his name is Rick.
Hockey is fun to watch.
Hockey is fun to play.
But where Hockey is concerned, I'd take "safe" over "fun" any day!
-A Spurt of th Moment, brought to you by Captain Timbo!
Post a Comment