Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Let me count the ways . . .


A great gift has been bestowed upon me,


a gift that I have vowed to protect with the utmost care.


It is a gift of the most true love there ever was,


a gift of the best of all friends.




I am no different from any other


so I am sure that I am unworthy of such a mighty gift.


But even this he assures me is not true.


You see, this precious gift of mine, he loves me, too.





I don't know how he knew so long ago of what would come of this


but his persevering faith captured my heart.


He is the kind I read about in storybooks,


the kind I didn't believe existed.




He is the kind of gift that never stops giving


and that is because his heart is genuine and pure,


a rare treasure when chivalry is seemingly dead.


He is a gentleman, a gentle man.

He possesses a heart of sincerity and compassion,


eager to offer his hand or his hold.


He is righteous and steadfast,


an example of truth as he walks in the light.




There aren't enough words to praise my true love


because his character surpasses them all in action.


He is my lovely gift


and I am honored to be his, too.






**This is, of course, dedicated to my amazing husband who has been so incredibly supportive and loving no matter what we go through!! I love you, my SuperMan!! **
Here are some of my FAVORITE quotes that I dedicate to the Love of my Life . . .


"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be. The last of life for which the first was made." - Robert Browning

"I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you, not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out." - Roy Croft

"To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten." - Anonymous

"Once in a while, Right in the middle of an ordinary life, Love gives us a fairy tale." - Anonymous

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." - Winnie the Pooh


I love you. <3

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I'll say this in front of everybody (looks both ways)... your words made me cry as I read them. I am truly honored to be loved by you, for your love is more pure and passionate than my own. Your touch more gentle, your words more sincere, your gaze more deep, and your friendship more valuable.

I was given a vision of who you were and who you could be, back in 8th grade. Ironically, that was a decade ago this year. It is fitting then, that we celebrate our introduction - and thank God for orchestrating something greater than we could imagine!

Here's a quote to add:
1John4:18-19
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us.

I love you, my Soulmate. Thank you.

Jinzanmei said...

wow...

[mesmerized by your love for each other...]

what a beautiful gift you both have!

Little Green Olive said...

How sweet, girl I love your poem and those qoutes! Hmmm, maybe one day you'll be reading my love poetry. Let's cross our fingers ay?...