What a whirlwind these past few weeks have been! I haven't been too busy, considering the "activity restrictions" that my doctor has me on, but somehow the time still gets away from me. I can't believe its been so long since I've posted.
What I have been doing: NESTING.
Last Saturday, Tim and I went to Babies R Us (our first time going together). I was so excited to be able to show him what I had registered for and I was looking forward to getting his opinions. But the main reason we went was to try out the Graco® DuoGlider double-stroller that I have been considering. It is one of the few double-strollers that accommodates two infant car seats and can still be used well into toddler-hood! Sounds perfect, right?! Absolutely! And I still love it, even after realizing how heavy it is (because ANY double-stroller is going to be heavy!). The discouragement set in when we folded up the stroller and recognized that it appears to be too big for our trunk. Of course, we haven't actually been able to attempt putting this stroller in our trunk, but even if we did manage to fit it in, there wouldn't be any room left for shopping bags or whatever else we might be transporting. I think that this was when it finally hit me: we really have NO IDEA what we're in for . . .
After the stroller saga, we headed to the line to return our scanner. As we were standing in line, I was noticing the posters of items being recalled and my attention was drawn to the cribs. To my shock and disappointment, our crib was one of them. I was immediately fearful that we would not be able to get a replacement crib since we are not the original owners (and therefore have no paperwork on it). I was also discouraged because I love our crib! It was exactly the crib I had been hoping for! And, truthfully, I didn't want to have to go through crib-shopping all over again.
The good news is that since then, we have received a packet containing information on how to receive a voucher good for the purchase of a brand new crib. We aren't required to provide proof-of-purchase, just proof of ownership (we are required to send it all of the bolts and screws that hold the crib together). So that was a relief! : )
So besides the lions and tigers and bears (oh my!) of the baby world, I am getting more and more excited about meeting my little girls soon! It is amazing how much they move and how fast they're (we're) growing! Tim and I were able to attend a class just for (soon-to-be) parents of multiples last week and we were given a hospital tour of the maternity ward. The best part was getting to peak in the window of the NICU to see a set of twins that had just been born the day before. They were so tiny (about 5 pounds each), but absolutely adorable!! I think that was when it finally hit me: these two little creatures wrestling inside of me are my babies that I will get to hold VERY SOON! And I am so thrilled!!
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment