Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Door I've Seen Before

I've been here before . . .
I've walked through that door . . .

This was a place I never thought I'd have to be again.
I didn't want to come to this place - I've already been!

I thought that the first time would reverse time
and undo the damage that had become mine.

Alas, there is no cure and my body will never be pure.
It cannot repair itself; it will not endure.

So I will walk this path once more
in hope that relief awaits me behind that door.

I will be at peace because I remember this place.
It has scarred me with a memory I cannot erase.

I may come out faced with more pain
But I believe that I have more to gain.

I may never be free of this burden I bear
But no one ever said that life was fair.

I am not mad, I am not sad
I can hardly remember the first one I had.

Everything will be alright -
For this I will fight.

I will go on with my life;
This shall not bring me strife.

I have so much to be grateful for.
This will give me the courage to walk through that door.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. Though a casual passerby may not know the circumstances that it alludes to, I think it is a great expression of how your health, life, and challenges currently affect you.

Stylistically, I think it has a "Dr.Seuss" type charm :-)

I love you!