Friday, April 07, 2006

Before Decor

Hello world! As mentioned in a previous post, I would like to show you our new apartment (because I can't keep this excitement to myself!!). These pictures were taken last Friday (03-31-06), when I first walked into this new apartment of ours (I'd never seen it before that day - can you believe that?! It took a lot of trust that this place would be all that I was hoping for . . . and it was more than I could have even dreamed for!!). Please enjoy this not-so-professional photographic journey through our home!


This is the first room you see when walking in the entry way. Our living room. (WoW! It's so huge! Will we even have enough furniture to furnish this large area?!)


As you walk in the entrance, the bathroom (behind a closed door, of course) is directly to the right, first thing. Luckily for me this was just about the same exact bathroom layout as our previous (luxury, I think) bathroom.

And the kitchen! In first view, our full-sized dishwasher (as opposed to our half-sized dishwasher in our last place) with the sink and CUPBOARDS!! So much space for storage . . . this is incredible! I just can't believe it!

Another view of the kitchen, from the opposite side. Our stove/oven is also now full-sized (again, as opposed to our half-sized one in the last place) and we've got counter space and more storage! This is wonderful!

And now welcome to our spare bedroom - soon to be our office! I still think I am dreaming! This is too good to be true! It's beautiful!

This is the closet in the spare-room. It looks small, but let me tell ya, the ONE closet we had in our other place wasn't even half this size! Maybe now I can finally clean out my closet back at my parents house and bring all of my stuff for this closet - I'll have access to whatever I could think of from the days gone by . . .

Now we are in the master bedroom (I'd still call it the honeymoon suite! LoL!!). To the left is a large area where I think I will put the bed, along that wall. Now what is that in the back? It's a nook (I am not exactly sure what a 'nook' is, but I think that this might qualify)! Oh my gosh!! This can be my little studio! I can create whatever I want in that separate, quite, obscure place, next to the window and everything! Whoo-hoo!!

I couldn't help taking another, better picture of my future 'studio.' I can't wait to get back to scrapbooking and creating my art and stuff. I need it!!

And here is the bedroom closet - so much larger than even the one in the spare-room! This is the first time in our married lives that Tim and I will have all of our clothes hanging as needed on our own separate sides of the closet! No more excuses for wrinkly shirts! LoL!

Unfortunately, I didn't take any more pictures before we started moving in. But that means that I will soon have new pictures of the finished product, the end result, the look and feel of our home. Stay tuned . . .

No comments: